Date: 1st July 2011 at 2:20pm
Written by:

One of the longest running transfer sagas of the summer is set to continue. Liverpool do not seem to be any closer to agreeing a deal with Blackpool to bring Charlie Adam to the club. It had been rumoured today that Blackpool are insisting on Liverpool paying £9million for the midfielder which may be outside our valuation of the player.

Now the Blackpool Gazette is reporting that Charlie Adam has said that he will return to Blackpool on Monday just like any other of their players for pre-season training.

Adam said: “I go back to Blackpool on Monday and that’s the way it is.

“Everybody knows the situation – the club have met with Liverpool but that’s as far as it has gone.

“I had a conversation with the chairman (Karl Oyston) but that will remain private.

“It’s important that we keep everything in-house – whatever happens will happen.”

So for now we will not be seeing Charlie Adam at Melwood but I still believe a deal will be done to bring him to Liverpool this summer. There is no way I can see Adam playing in the Championship next season after his excellent campaign for Blackpool.