There has been a lot of excitement in the OurKop.com office today following the Liverpool Under 18’s demolishing Southend United in the FA Youth Cup on Monday night by 9-0. All the talk has been about Raheem Sterling who scored 5 goals in the game.
Now some people have been saying that it was only a Youth Cup game but the simple matter of the fact is that it is not easy to score 5 goals in a single game even if you are playing Sunday football in the park. What Sterling did needs to be applauded and commended.
For many Liverpool fans, today was the first day they have heard about Raheem Sterling as they had no idea who he is. I hope today we will all know who Raheem is and hope that he will be a future Liverpool star in years to come.
Here are some important facts you need to know about Sterling:
1. He was born in Harlesden in North London in December 1993.
2. He joined Queens Park Rangers aged 10.
3. He signed a contract with Liverpool in 2010 when he left QPR.
4. He is a lightening-quick striker with good all-round ability, he has already been compared to Theo Walcott, while some coaches rate him as highly as Wayne Rooney at the same age.
5. He can pass, shoot, head it, score goals, tackle, defend, basically he can do anything!
The future looks bright for Liverpool as our youth and reserve teams seem to be doing very well. One prospect I am looking forward to is seeing Sterling and Suso leading the Liverpool attack in a couple of years time.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, below is a video showing the talents of Raheem Sterling.