Liverpool continue to be linked with a move for Japan star Keisuke Honda. Honda has been a target for Liverpool and Arsenal but with Arsene Wenger saying he is not going to sign a striker this January, that leaves the door open for Liverpool to sign Honda.
Honda would be a great addition to the current Liverpool side and below are 5 reasons why Liverpool should sign Honda:
1) Honda is a versatile player who is able to play as an out and out striker and also as the second striker just behind the main front man. A partnership of Honda and Torres upfront could prove to be very effective and exciting.
2) Honda would provide as with a great set piece option. Honda is known for scoring great free kicks. We have not really had a dead ball specialist at Liverpool and we have had to rely on Steven Gerrard and Fabio Aurelio (when he is fit). Now with Honda we will know that any free kick within range is a potential goal. One just has to look at his free kick exploits for Japan at the World Cup last year.
3) Honda is only 24 years old and that fits in perfectly with the new owners vision of signing young talented players.
4) Honda wants to play for Liverpool. Not too many top players out there want to play for Liverpool right now as they seek to join money rich teams Like Manchester City or trophy winners like Chelsea and Manchester United. So to see a player coming out and saying ‘buy me’ is a good sign, it means he would give us his all.
5) Honda is from Japan. This is a great marketing opportunity for Liverpool and it would help increase our presence in a country like Japan as the country would start following Liverpool as one of their players plays for us. Shirt sales would go through the roof with Honda on board.