- Liverpool star: I thought about quitting club last summer
- Should they start? Two injured players could return for Liverpool’s trip to Fulham
- Liverpool ace: I don’t know where I’ll be next year
- John Henry has his say on the possibility of Liverpool not playing Fulham
- Liverpool linked with shock move for Chelsea star
- Why Brendan Rodgers is Walking Alone
- Kolo Toure reveals why he made that pass against West Brom
- Ian Ayre travels to Ukraine to seal Konoplyanka deal – Reports
- Reports: Liverpool to make formal bid for winger this week
- Rodgers – Credit Where Credit’s Due
Who needs a new striker when we have Andriy Voronin?
I was going through the pictures of our pre-season training in Switzerland and I saw images of Andriy Voronin! I had totally forgotten that he existed! I had hoped that after his spell at Hertha Berlin last season that he would have made his move a permanent one. I am not the biggest fan of Voronin at all, infact I am not a fan. He just did not deliver for us when we signed him and as a result, Rafa shipped him off to Germany on loan. If Hertha had qualified for the Champions League then I am sure Voronin would have stayed there. But alas he is back at Liverpool and still wearing the number 10 shirt!
It does not look like he will be leaving so I guess we are stuck with him! I just hope that he steps up this season and delivers the goals. He could just be the person we need to lead the line upfront when Torres is injured or rested. I would be more than happy if he can give us the kind of return he gave for Hertha Berlin: 11 goals in 20 games. That would actually be an amazing return.
Voronin could just save us millions from signing a new striker if he starts to deliver for us. What are your thought on Voronin?