- 5 Lessons learnt from Liverpool’s 0-0 draw with Arsenal
- Brendan Rodgers issues latest update on Lucas transfer situation
- Liverpool suffer major injury blow ahead of Arsenal game
- Balotelli set to leave Liverpool under one condition
- Defender set to be offered Liverpool deal
- Friday Rumour: Liverpool have £15million offer for midfielder accepted
- Brendan Rodgers set to make a very bad decision at Liverpool
- Guillem Balague issues latest on Asier Illarramendi transfer
- Rodgers gives update on why Jordan Henderson was substituted against Bournemouth
- Two surprising faces that will be at Anfield tonight against Bournemouth
Who needs a new striker when we have Andriy Voronin?
I was going through the pictures of our pre-season training in Switzerland and I saw images of Andriy Voronin! I had totally forgotten that he existed! I had hoped that after his spell at Hertha Berlin last season that he would have made his move a permanent one. I am not the biggest fan of Voronin at all, infact I am not a fan. He just did not deliver for us when we signed him and as a result, Rafa shipped him off to Germany on loan. If Hertha had qualified for the Champions League then I am sure Voronin would have stayed there. But alas he is back at Liverpool and still wearing the number 10 shirt!
It does not look like he will be leaving so I guess we are stuck with him! I just hope that he steps up this season and delivers the goals. He could just be the person we need to lead the line upfront when Torres is injured or rested. I would be more than happy if he can give us the kind of return he gave for Hertha Berlin: 11 goals in 20 games. That would actually be an amazing return.
Voronin could just save us millions from signing a new striker if he starts to deliver for us. What are your thought on Voronin?