Date: 11th August 2014 at 12:40pm
Written by:

Brendan Rodgers says the club have not received any enquiries over Daniel Agger, reports Sky Sports.

Agger has been consistently linked with a move away from Anfield this summer, following the arrival of Dejan Lovren from Southampton.

Barcelona had previously been tipped to move for the Reds vice-captain, but have since completed the signing of Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen.

Having sold Vermaelen, Arsenal have been linked with a move for Agger as a replacement, whilst north London rivals Tottenham are the latest club said to be interested.

However, Brendan Rodgers insists there have been no approaches over the Denmark international.

Rodgers said: “I’ve seen some stories on that but, no, we haven’t had any enquiries.

“Dan’s still getting some work done on his knee, he’s been a bit unfortunate since America. He’s still getting treatment but we haven’t had anything, no offers.”

The boss insists his focus on incomings at Anfield, and after the Reds 4-0 win over Borussia Dortmund on Sunday, revealed he expects there to be more arrivals before September 1.

“I have been really pleased with all of the signings because they have all come in as part of our strategy and the types of profile of players that we want,” he added.

“One of the pleasing things for me today was that I could make changes in the game and bring players on and still feel that we were strong.

“That hasn’t been the case since I have been here just because of the lack of depth. But today we could make changes and keep that desire and commitment within the team and the quality, very importantly.

“There are maybe one or two more to come, but come the end of August I think we will hopefully have depth in our squad and be ready to challenge.”