Date: 5th July 2011 at 1:51pm
Written by:

Rumours started to circulate yesterday (Monday) that Milan Jovanovic had been released by Liverpool by mutual consent. Today, Milan has spoken out and said that he is looking for a new club after being told he is not part of the clubs plans.

“I got the paper from Liverpool that I am free to search for a new club,” Jovanovic said. “Up to now, I still haven’t received an official offer from Olympiakos, but I am looking forward to hearing their plans.”

Clearly Jovanovic was not part of Dalglish’s plans for this coming season. We saw that when Kenny took over from Hodgson, the Serbia international was hardly given a look in by Dalglish. Now he has been told he can look for another club and that must be good news for the club as we can finally stop paying him the high wages he has been getting. Hopefully Olympiakos can get him off our books.

But spare a thought for Milan, he was signed by Rafa and he never got a chance to play for the manager who wanted him. Then he was forced to play under Hodgson and Dalglish and both of them did not think much of him. Maybe if Rafa was still in charge we may have seen the best out of Milan but as it stands now his time is up at Anfield.