- Liverpool star: I thought about quitting club last summer
- Should they start? Two injured players could return for Liverpool’s trip to Fulham
- Liverpool ace: I don’t know where I’ll be next year
- John Henry has his say on the possibility of Liverpool not playing Fulham
- Liverpool linked with shock move for Chelsea star
- Why Brendan Rodgers is Walking Alone
- Kolo Toure reveals why he made that pass against West Brom
- Ian Ayre travels to Ukraine to seal Konoplyanka deal – Reports
- Reports: Liverpool to make formal bid for winger this week
- Rodgers – Credit Where Credit’s Due
[Video] Philippe Coutinho vs Fulham – Masterclass display
Philippe Coutinho is back for Liverpool and put in a masterclass display on Saturday against Fulham as the Reds romped to a 4-0 victory.
The Brazilian playmaker made his return from shoulder injury against Arsenal in the 2-0 defeat having featured for 45 minutes in that game. But against Fulham, Brendan Rodgers decided to start with Coutinho as he reverted back to the 4-3-3 formation.
Many fans had been looking forward to seeing Coutinho play in the number 10 role in the 3-5-2 formation as Victor Moses had struggled playing there in Coutinho’s absence. But it seems as if it does not matter what formation Rodgers uses, Coutinho will still shine.
What Coutinho is brilliant at is carving out opportunities and delivery killer through balls. You could see against Fulham that he is not back to his sharpest but with more games under his belt he will be back to his best. It was a pleasure watching the young Brazilian at Anfield on Saturday and hopefully he can remain fit and continue to carve out opportunities for Sturridge and Suarez. One thing Coutinho needs to try add to his game is scoring more goals. We saw against Fulham that he tried very hard to get onto the scoresheet but he must not be frustrated by it but rather let it just come naturally.
Video courtesy of i7xComps