- Luis Suarez says what Liverpool fans wanted to hear
- Rodgers reveals that Suarez may not have played against Norwich
- Rodgers denies spending £7million on Liverpool defender who is set to leave in January
- Reports: Liverpool linked with forward who has a £125million buyout clause
- Carragher: Liverpool ace is better than Sterling and Moses put together
- Brendan Rodgers to blame for Hull defeat
- Reports: Liverpool manager set to be offered new 5 year deal
- Black Friday at Melwood as Liverpool suffer two major injury blows
- Revealed: Rift with Benitez is why Gerrard almost joined Chelsea
- Liverpool star was offered a 7 year deal by Manchester United
Harry Redknapp’s loss is Liverpool’s gain
Liverpool may have lost 4-0 to Spurs on Sunday but in the long run, Liverpool will benefit from Tottenham manager, Harry Redknapp’s mistake of not signing Luis Suarez when he had the chance. Redknapp wanted to sign Suarez from Ajax before Liverpool did but Harry opted not to and he will live to regret that mistake in the long run.
“We looked at Suarez,” said Redknapp.
“That was a player who we probably should have took, looking back on it now.
“The fee was 30-odd million and that’s a lot of money and we thought he played a bit like Rafael Van der Vaart as well.
“We were looking for a target man but I have seen him play up on his own and he can do that. He can play anywhere. He can do anything. He is a top-class, fantastic player.”