- 5 Lessons learnt from Liverpool’s 0-0 draw with Arsenal
- Brendan Rodgers issues latest update on Lucas transfer situation
- Liverpool suffer major injury blow ahead of Arsenal game
- Balotelli set to leave Liverpool under one condition
- Defender set to be offered Liverpool deal
- Friday Rumour: Liverpool have £15million offer for midfielder accepted
- Brendan Rodgers set to make a very bad decision at Liverpool
- Guillem Balague issues latest on Asier Illarramendi transfer
- Rodgers gives update on why Jordan Henderson was substituted against Bournemouth
- Two surprising faces that will be at Anfield tonight against Bournemouth
Harry Redknapp’s loss is Liverpool’s gain
Liverpool may have lost 4-0 to Spurs on Sunday but in the long run, Liverpool will benefit from Tottenham manager, Harry Redknapp’s mistake of not signing Luis Suarez when he had the chance. Redknapp wanted to sign Suarez from Ajax before Liverpool did but Harry opted not to and he will live to regret that mistake in the long run.
“We looked at Suarez,” said Redknapp.
“That was a player who we probably should have took, looking back on it now.
“The fee was 30-odd million and that’s a lot of money and we thought he played a bit like Rafael Van der Vaart as well.
“We were looking for a target man but I have seen him play up on his own and he can do that. He can play anywhere. He can do anything. He is a top-class, fantastic player.”