- Enrique prepared to fight for first team football
- Agent reveals reasons behind Borini’s decision
- Raheem Sterling reveals he had to Google Ricky Villa and Ricky Gervais after Brendan Rodgers joke
- Valdes likely to complete free transfer to Liverpool
- LFC : Deadline Day Round Up
- Reds accept QPR’s £10million bid for Borini
- Agger bids farewell in emotional open letter
- Gerrard backs Balotelli to succeed
- Coates set for Sunderland loan
- Rodgers considers move for former Barca star
Harry Redknapp’s loss is Liverpool’s gain
Liverpool may have lost 4-0 to Spurs on Sunday but in the long run, Liverpool will benefit from Tottenham manager, Harry Redknapp’s mistake of not signing Luis Suarez when he had the chance. Redknapp wanted to sign Suarez from Ajax before Liverpool did but Harry opted not to and he will live to regret that mistake in the long run.
“We looked at Suarez,” said Redknapp.
“That was a player who we probably should have took, looking back on it now.
“The fee was 30-odd million and that’s a lot of money and we thought he played a bit like Rafael Van der Vaart as well.
“We were looking for a target man but I have seen him play up on his own and he can do that. He can play anywhere. He can do anything. He is a top-class, fantastic player.”