- Report: Liverpool star named as PFA Footballer of the Year
- Liverpool receive major fitness boost ahead of Chelsea game
- Transfer target thought he was already a Liverpool player
- Sunday Rumour: Liverpool lead race for £11.5million left-back
- Brendan Rodgers on Alberto and Aspas’ Liverpool futures
- Striker: I want to leave Liverpool
- Agent: Liverpool star will be staying at the club
- Brendan Rodgers on why Lucas is not playing
- Why Liverpool will have to part with £1million if they win the Premier League
- Liverpool not expected to spend big in the transfer market according to former managing director
Harry Redknapp’s loss is Liverpool’s gain
Liverpool may have lost 4-0 to Spurs on Sunday but in the long run, Liverpool will benefit from Tottenham manager, Harry Redknapp’s mistake of not signing Luis Suarez when he had the chance. Redknapp wanted to sign Suarez from Ajax before Liverpool did but Harry opted not to and he will live to regret that mistake in the long run.
“We looked at Suarez,” said Redknapp.
“That was a player who we probably should have took, looking back on it now.
“The fee was 30-odd million and that’s a lot of money and we thought he played a bit like Rafael Van der Vaart as well.
“We were looking for a target man but I have seen him play up on his own and he can do that. He can play anywhere. He can do anything. He is a top-class, fantastic player.”