- Chelsea ready to sell new-boy Cuadrado to fund Sterling move
- Bayern Munich want Raheem Sterling
- Sterling jeered when receiving Young Player of the Year award
- French striker will not leave Lyon for less than €50m
- Liverpool could splash the cash on Chelsea target Dzeko
- Man City midfielder Milner is on his way to Anfield
- Christian Benteke wants Liverpool switch
- BREAKING: Raheem Sterling to leave Liverpool this summer
- Liverpool not in contention to sign Barcelona winger
- Henderson calls for team-mates to prove themselves
Monday Rumour: Jovanovic is released by Liverpool
There are rumours circulating today (Monday) that Liverpool have released Milan Jovanovic by mutual consent. Nothing has come from a credible source yet about this rumour. If this is true it would be great news in my opinion as Jovanovic is one of the dead-wood players who earns an extremely high salary that we need to get rid of in order to cut our wage bill.
What I would not be happy about though if this rumour is true is that we let him go for nothing. I would have thought that maybe we could have got £2million for him if we sold him but then again, I wonder who would have been willing to buy him so getting rid of him for free may have been the only option. That fact that it could be by mutual consent is a good thing as we would have had to pay him off what i left on his contract if we really wanted to force him out the club.
The rumours are also suggesting that Jovanovic could already be in talks with the Greek club Olympiakos.
As long as he leaves Liverpool I will be happy at the end of the day. Jovanovic was also not seen in any of the pictures published today of the players back at pre-season training. Maybe he was not present or the camera just decided not to take a picture of him. I am sure more news will break out over the next couple of days, maybe even hours, with regards to this rumour.