- Two options for Liverpool to consider in the absence of Steven Gerrard
- Midfielder asked to leave Liverpool
- Steven Gerrard injury fears: Possible options for Liverpool
- Rodgers explains why he sanctioned £15million transfer
- Liverpool striker’s agent to hold talks with club. Should he stay or be sold?
- Luis Suarez says what Liverpool fans wanted to hear
- Rodgers reveals that Suarez may not have played against Norwich
- Rodgers denies spending £7million on Liverpool defender who is set to leave in January
- Reports: Liverpool linked with forward who has a £125million buyout clause
- Carragher: Liverpool ace is better than Sterling and Moses put together
Monday Rumour: Jovanovic is released by Liverpool
There are rumours circulating today (Monday) that Liverpool have released Milan Jovanovic by mutual consent. Nothing has come from a credible source yet about this rumour. If this is true it would be great news in my opinion as Jovanovic is one of the dead-wood players who earns an extremely high salary that we need to get rid of in order to cut our wage bill.
What I would not be happy about though if this rumour is true is that we let him go for nothing. I would have thought that maybe we could have got £2million for him if we sold him but then again, I wonder who would have been willing to buy him so getting rid of him for free may have been the only option. That fact that it could be by mutual consent is a good thing as we would have had to pay him off what i left on his contract if we really wanted to force him out the club.
The rumours are also suggesting that Jovanovic could already be in talks with the Greek club Olympiakos.
As long as he leaves Liverpool I will be happy at the end of the day. Jovanovic was also not seen in any of the pictures published today of the players back at pre-season training. Maybe he was not present or the camera just decided not to take a picture of him. I am sure more news will break out over the next couple of days, maybe even hours, with regards to this rumour.