- Transfer target thought he was already a Liverpool player
- Sunday Rumour: Liverpool lead race for £11.5million left-back
- Brendan Rodgers on Alberto and Aspas’ Liverpool futures
- Striker: I want to leave Liverpool
- Agent: Liverpool star will be staying at the club
- Brendan Rodgers on why Lucas is not playing
- Why Liverpool will have to part with £1million if they win the Premier League
- Liverpool not expected to spend big in the transfer market according to former managing director
- Time to sell him? Liverpool midfielder says I do not want to sit on the bench
- Two Tottenham players that must regret not joining Liverpool
Monday Rumour: Jovanovic is released by Liverpool
There are rumours circulating today (Monday) that Liverpool have released Milan Jovanovic by mutual consent. Nothing has come from a credible source yet about this rumour. If this is true it would be great news in my opinion as Jovanovic is one of the dead-wood players who earns an extremely high salary that we need to get rid of in order to cut our wage bill.
What I would not be happy about though if this rumour is true is that we let him go for nothing. I would have thought that maybe we could have got £2million for him if we sold him but then again, I wonder who would have been willing to buy him so getting rid of him for free may have been the only option. That fact that it could be by mutual consent is a good thing as we would have had to pay him off what i left on his contract if we really wanted to force him out the club.
The rumours are also suggesting that Jovanovic could already be in talks with the Greek club Olympiakos.
As long as he leaves Liverpool I will be happy at the end of the day. Jovanovic was also not seen in any of the pictures published today of the players back at pre-season training. Maybe he was not present or the camera just decided not to take a picture of him. I am sure more news will break out over the next couple of days, maybe even hours, with regards to this rumour.