- 5 Lessons learnt from Liverpool’s 0-0 draw with Arsenal
- Brendan Rodgers issues latest update on Lucas transfer situation
- Liverpool suffer major injury blow ahead of Arsenal game
- Balotelli set to leave Liverpool under one condition
- Defender set to be offered Liverpool deal
- Friday Rumour: Liverpool have £15million offer for midfielder accepted
- Brendan Rodgers set to make a very bad decision at Liverpool
- Guillem Balague issues latest on Asier Illarramendi transfer
- Rodgers gives update on why Jordan Henderson was substituted against Bournemouth
- Two surprising faces that will be at Anfield tonight against Bournemouth
Monday Rumour: Jovanovic is released by Liverpool
There are rumours circulating today (Monday) that Liverpool have released Milan Jovanovic by mutual consent. Nothing has come from a credible source yet about this rumour. If this is true it would be great news in my opinion as Jovanovic is one of the dead-wood players who earns an extremely high salary that we need to get rid of in order to cut our wage bill.
What I would not be happy about though if this rumour is true is that we let him go for nothing. I would have thought that maybe we could have got £2million for him if we sold him but then again, I wonder who would have been willing to buy him so getting rid of him for free may have been the only option. That fact that it could be by mutual consent is a good thing as we would have had to pay him off what i left on his contract if we really wanted to force him out the club.
The rumours are also suggesting that Jovanovic could already be in talks with the Greek club Olympiakos.
As long as he leaves Liverpool I will be happy at the end of the day. Jovanovic was also not seen in any of the pictures published today of the players back at pre-season training. Maybe he was not present or the camera just decided not to take a picture of him. I am sure more news will break out over the next couple of days, maybe even hours, with regards to this rumour.