- 5 Lessons learnt from Liverpool’s 0-0 draw with Arsenal
- Brendan Rodgers issues latest update on Lucas transfer situation
- Liverpool suffer major injury blow ahead of Arsenal game
- Balotelli set to leave Liverpool under one condition
- Defender set to be offered Liverpool deal
- Friday Rumour: Liverpool have £15million offer for midfielder accepted
- Brendan Rodgers set to make a very bad decision at Liverpool
- Guillem Balague issues latest on Asier Illarramendi transfer
- Rodgers gives update on why Jordan Henderson was substituted against Bournemouth
- Two surprising faces that will be at Anfield tonight against Bournemouth
John O’Shea to Liverpool?
I have read it all this summer already when it comes to transfer speculation! I had a good laugh this morning (Wednesday) when I was reading the Irish Independent and they said that Liverpool are one of the five clubs that are ready to buy John O’Shea from Manchester United. This must be the biggest laugh I have had in a while and where would the Irish Independent pick up something like this from?
It baffles me why Liverpool would even consider buying John O’Shea. He is a Manchester United player after all and we would not want him no matter what, and I am pretty sure Ferguson would not want to sell him to us especially after he refused to sell us Gabriel Heinze a couple of season back.
What would Liverpool do with O’Shea besides maybe use him as a ball boy? He is already 30 years old and that is a no no with our new policy of signing only young players. O’Shea is a right-back, why on earth would we need another right-back when we already have Johnson, Kelly and Flanagan? Even if he is to come in as a centre-back, he is useless compared to our current central defenders. O’Shea would not even find a place on our bench for the reserve team.
It is thought that Manchester United want close to £5million for O’Shea, even if he were for free and someone else besides Liverpool would pay his wages for us, I would NEVER take him!