- Rodgers denies spending £7million on Liverpool defender who is set to leave in January
- Reports: Liverpool linked with forward who has a £125million buyout clause
- Carragher: Liverpool ace is better than Sterling and Moses put together
- Brendan Rodgers to blame for Hull defeat
- Reports: Liverpool manager set to be offered new 5 year deal
- Black Friday at Melwood as Liverpool suffer two major injury blows
- Revealed: Rift with Benitez is why Gerrard almost joined Chelsea
- Liverpool star was offered a 7 year deal by Manchester United
- Daniel Sturridge latest fitness update
- The pros and cons of Liverpool signing Martin Montoya
John O’Shea to Liverpool?
I have read it all this summer already when it comes to transfer speculation! I had a good laugh this morning (Wednesday) when I was reading the Irish Independent and they said that Liverpool are one of the five clubs that are ready to buy John O’Shea from Manchester United. This must be the biggest laugh I have had in a while and where would the Irish Independent pick up something like this from?
It baffles me why Liverpool would even consider buying John O’Shea. He is a Manchester United player after all and we would not want him no matter what, and I am pretty sure Ferguson would not want to sell him to us especially after he refused to sell us Gabriel Heinze a couple of season back.
What would Liverpool do with O’Shea besides maybe use him as a ball boy? He is already 30 years old and that is a no no with our new policy of signing only young players. O’Shea is a right-back, why on earth would we need another right-back when we already have Johnson, Kelly and Flanagan? Even if he is to come in as a centre-back, he is useless compared to our current central defenders. O’Shea would not even find a place on our bench for the reserve team.
It is thought that Manchester United want close to £5million for O’Shea, even if he were for free and someone else besides Liverpool would pay his wages for us, I would NEVER take him!