- Report: Liverpool star named as PFA Footballer of the Year
- Liverpool receive major fitness boost ahead of Chelsea game
- Transfer target thought he was already a Liverpool player
- Sunday Rumour: Liverpool lead race for £11.5million left-back
- Brendan Rodgers on Alberto and Aspas’ Liverpool futures
- Striker: I want to leave Liverpool
- Agent: Liverpool star will be staying at the club
- Brendan Rodgers on why Lucas is not playing
- Why Liverpool will have to part with £1million if they win the Premier League
- Liverpool not expected to spend big in the transfer market according to former managing director
Where will Jordan Henderson play for Liverpool?
This is the question that many Liverpool fans have been asking eversince news broke out that we were after the 20 year old Sunderland midfielder.
Reports continue to intensify that a deal is close to be done between the two clubs for £18million. I know that no one thinks that Jordan Henderson is worth that much but those are the prices English players are going for. Let us disregard the price for now and look at what Henderson’s role would be at Liverpool if we do sign him.
Jordan is a box to box midfielder who can also play on the right side of midfield. I am sure Liverpool want him to play centrally and not on the right. Many say that he is a younger Steven Gerrard. So with that said, will Henderson walk into the starting eleven? I doubt it as he would have to replace Gerrard which will not happen anytime soon. He can not replace Lucas as Lucas is our defensive anchor in midfield and that is not a role Henderson is known for unless Dalglish feels there are game Lucas’ defensive attributes are not needed and he opts for Gerrard and Henderson in the middle.
But then, where does that leave the likes of
Spearing and Jonjo who have been working hard to play in that central midfield.
Or is Dalglish simply looking to buy Henderson for the future? Would Henderson be willing to sit on the bench at Liverpool when he was used to be a starter at Sunderland?