- Raheem Sterling in no hurry over new contract
- Rodgers remains hopeful of adding further signings
- Liverpool set to complete signing of Spanish defender
- Match Report: Liverpool 2-0 AC Milan
- Rodgers hints at move for Balotelli, whilst Reus yet to agree new deal
- Reds turn down Kolo Toure bid to pave way for Agger exit
- LFC: The Long Term Project
- Reds legend urges Brendan to sign Monaco star
- Reds revive interest in Alberto Moreno
- Why the 2014-15 season will be one to remember for Liverpool FC
Where will Jordan Henderson play for Liverpool?
This is the question that many Liverpool fans have been asking eversince news broke out that we were after the 20 year old Sunderland midfielder.
Reports continue to intensify that a deal is close to be done between the two clubs for £18million. I know that no one thinks that Jordan Henderson is worth that much but those are the prices English players are going for. Let us disregard the price for now and look at what Henderson’s role would be at Liverpool if we do sign him.
Jordan is a box to box midfielder who can also play on the right side of midfield. I am sure Liverpool want him to play centrally and not on the right. Many say that he is a younger Steven Gerrard. So with that said, will Henderson walk into the starting eleven? I doubt it as he would have to replace Gerrard which will not happen anytime soon. He can not replace Lucas as Lucas is our defensive anchor in midfield and that is not a role Henderson is known for unless Dalglish feels there are game Lucas’ defensive attributes are not needed and he opts for Gerrard and Henderson in the middle.
But then, where does that leave the likes of
Spearing and Jonjo who have been working hard to play in that central midfield.
Or is Dalglish simply looking to buy Henderson for the future? Would Henderson be willing to sit on the bench at Liverpool when he was used to be a starter at Sunderland?