- Transfer target thought he was already a Liverpool player
- Sunday Rumour: Liverpool lead race for £11.5million left-back
- Brendan Rodgers on Alberto and Aspas’ Liverpool futures
- Striker: I want to leave Liverpool
- Agent: Liverpool star will be staying at the club
- Brendan Rodgers on why Lucas is not playing
- Why Liverpool will have to part with £1million if they win the Premier League
- Liverpool not expected to spend big in the transfer market according to former managing director
- Time to sell him? Liverpool midfielder says I do not want to sit on the bench
- Two Tottenham players that must regret not joining Liverpool
Only Dalglish will decide who Liverpool sign
Kenny Dalglish was quizzed today (Friday) at the pre-match press conference about the potential new players Liverpool can expect to get this summer. As expected, Dalglish was very cagey about what he said and did not tell us who Liverpool were planning on buying or selling. But one thing that stood out in what Dalglish said was in relation to the question many of us fans had been pondering over, “Who is incharge of transfers at Liverpool?” Is it Dalglish or Comolli?
Dalglish said, “Regarding players, there’s only one person who can decide that, and that’s the manager. That’s something we need to get our skates on with to make sure we get the right players.”
So if you look closely at that statement, Dalglish has made it clear that he will decide who is signed for Liverpool as he is the manager. I have no problem at all with that and I am actually very happy that that is the fact. Dalglish is in charge of the team and he knows exactly what kind of players Liverpool need. It is up to Comolli to do all the negotiations to try and sign the players Kenny wants and we should not be in a situation where Comolli signs players he thinks are good enough for Liverpool.