- Liverpool abandon Benzema pursuit in favour of move for Higuain
- Why it’s time to get behind Simon Mignolet – ‘shot-stopper’ and overall decent bloke!
- Sturridge and Sakho miss trip to FC Basel
- Simon Mignolet says he is not worried about his Liverpool future
- Why Steven Gerrard should still be the first name on Brendan’s team sheet
- Liverpool linked with £31million move for Napoli striker
- Reds hoping Sturridge will be fit for Champions League clash
- Henderson: Gerrard didn’t deserve any criticism
- Why Joe Allen has been a bigger loss than Daniel Sturridge for LFC
- Derby Reaction – Slow finish proves costly for LFC
Only Dalglish will decide who Liverpool sign
Kenny Dalglish was quizzed today (Friday) at the pre-match press conference about the potential new players Liverpool can expect to get this summer. As expected, Dalglish was very cagey about what he said and did not tell us who Liverpool were planning on buying or selling. But one thing that stood out in what Dalglish said was in relation to the question many of us fans had been pondering over, “Who is incharge of transfers at Liverpool?” Is it Dalglish or Comolli?
Dalglish said, “Regarding players, there’s only one person who can decide that, and that’s the manager. That’s something we need to get our skates on with to make sure we get the right players.”
So if you look closely at that statement, Dalglish has made it clear that he will decide who is signed for Liverpool as he is the manager. I have no problem at all with that and I am actually very happy that that is the fact. Dalglish is in charge of the team and he knows exactly what kind of players Liverpool need. It is up to Comolli to do all the negotiations to try and sign the players Kenny wants and we should not be in a situation where Comolli signs players he thinks are good enough for Liverpool.