- [Video] Liverpool’s new central midfield linchpin
- Two options for Liverpool to consider in the absence of Steven Gerrard
- Midfielder asked to leave Liverpool
- Steven Gerrard injury fears: Possible options for Liverpool
- Rodgers explains why he sanctioned £15million transfer
- Liverpool striker’s agent to hold talks with club. Should he stay or be sold?
- Luis Suarez says what Liverpool fans wanted to hear
- Rodgers reveals that Suarez may not have played against Norwich
- Rodgers denies spending £7million on Liverpool defender who is set to leave in January
- Reports: Liverpool linked with forward who has a £125million buyout clause
Dani Pacheco to stay at Norwich?
Norwich City have gained promotion to the Premier League next season and Liverpool’s young Spanish star, Dani Pacheco who is currently on loan at Norwich has been part of the team that has guided Norwich back into the top flight. Pacheco joined Norwich on loan earlier this year until the end of the season and he has stared five times (twice as a sub) for Norwich and has notched up one goal. Now the question is, will Dani Pacheco want to return to Liverpool next season after experiencing some first team football with Norwich and coupled with the fact that now Norwich will be in the Premier League next season?
The issue of Dani Pacheco has been a hot debate amongst Liverpool fans for a very long time now. Many fans feel that Pacheco should be given his chance for regular first team football at Liverpool. He has a lot of talent and skill which would provide a real cutting edge in the Liverpool attack but we have not seen it at its full potential.
We can not start to argue about how good Pacheco is, he was after all been instrumental in Spain’s run to the final of the Under-19 European Championships last summer as the tournament’s top scorer, scoring four goals and he is now a member of Spain’s Under-21 set up, recently featuring in their 3-2 defeat to France on March 25.
Some have said that Pacheco’s attitude at Liverpool is what has caused him to get very few opportunities at a crack in the first team citing that he does not give his all at training. Only the management staff at Liverpool can confirm or deny this and they have not said anything to us to that effect so we can not seriously say Pacheco is not playing because the management staff do not have faith in him.
Kenny Dalglish has now come in and taken over at Liverpool and he sent Pacheco out on loan so that he gets some first team experience. Other Liverpool youngsters have gotten a chance at first team action this season, Martin Kelly, Jay Spearing, John Flanagan and Jack Robinson and they have come in and done really well. One would argue that these players have gotten their chance because of injuries to key first team players who play in their positions. With Pacheco he is more of an attacking midfielder who can also play up front, so why has he not gotten the nod ahead of Ngog or played out on the left side of attack when our side had cried out for some width down the left? Some believe that only the local youngsters are getting chances at Liverpool and not the foreign ones such as Pacheco.