- Midfielder asked to leave Liverpool
- Steven Gerrard injury fears: Possible options for Liverpool
- Rodgers explains why he sanctioned £15million transfer
- Liverpool striker’s agent to hold talks with club. Should he stay or be sold?
- Luis Suarez says what Liverpool fans wanted to hear
- Rodgers reveals that Suarez may not have played against Norwich
- Rodgers denies spending £7million on Liverpool defender who is set to leave in January
- Reports: Liverpool linked with forward who has a £125million buyout clause
- Carragher: Liverpool ace is better than Sterling and Moses put together
- Brendan Rodgers to blame for Hull defeat
We are stuck with Hodgson until the end of the season
There were calls from the Kop last night during our loss to Wolves for King Kenny to take over from Hodgson. Roy Hodgson has said he will ignore the growing chorus of disapproval of his short reign at Anfield and work to improve things.
Hodgson was asked after the game what he thought about the chants for Kenny, he responded by saying, “I am getting used to it, that is the way it is. We’ve had to live with that quite a long time now, as ever since I came here the famous Anfield support has not really been there. There were the problems with the owners, then Kenny being so popular and not getting the job and it being given to me. It is sad and I don’t like hearing those things because I am trying to do the best job I can do. I am working as hard as I can so I can’t say it is something I really appreciate. At the same time I am not in control of those things and it is the Kop’s way of showing they are not happy with what the team is doing. As manager you take responsibility for that so I have to take that criticism on the chin as well. It was as bad a team performance as we have given, especially at Anfield.”
So based on that, Roy is blaming us the fans for not supporting him. How can we support you Roy if we never wanted you in the first place and secondly you are just not delivering the results a club like Liverpool needs. I have said this time and time again, the Liverpool job is too big for Hodgson.
Be that as it may, a large majority of us may want Hodgson to be sacked or for him to step down now but I do not see either of those happening any time soon. I can not see the new owners sacking Hodgson as it could be seen as a knee-jerk reaction and it is ‘not the Liverpool’ way of doing things by sacking a manager after such a short reign. I believe that Hodgson will be given until the end of the season and then the owners will see where we stand. I just hope we do not get dragged into a relegation scrap for the rest of the season if Hodgson remains in control.
We are wasting our breath and time asking for Hodgson to be fired now. As much as that is what we want, let us be realistic, it is not going to happen not least until the summer.