- Chelsea ready to sell new-boy Cuadrado to fund Sterling move
- Bayern Munich want Raheem Sterling
- Sterling jeered when receiving Young Player of the Year award
- French striker will not leave Lyon for less than €50m
- Liverpool could splash the cash on Chelsea target Dzeko
- Man City midfielder Milner is on his way to Anfield
- Christian Benteke wants Liverpool switch
- BREAKING: Raheem Sterling to leave Liverpool this summer
- Liverpool not in contention to sign Barcelona winger
- Henderson calls for team-mates to prove themselves
Robbie Keane leaves Liverpool
The transfer window closed yesterday and Robbie Keane left Liverpool to go back to Spurs. I am still trying to get to grips with this transfer. Keane only joined us 6 months ago from Spurs and was set to form a great partnership with Torres upfront but now we will never know how great that partnership would have been. When Keane joined us in the summer I was happy. I thought we finally had two players, him and Torres, who could fire the goals to lead us to the title, but Keane never really got going infront of goal. As for the partnership with Torres, Torres has been injured for large parts of the season thus they never had enough time to really form an understanding. I feel Rafa was quick to loose faith in Keane and why is that?
I believe it is clear now that Rafa never signed Robbie Keane. Rafa did not want Keane. Instead it was Rick Parry who made this deal possible. If Rafa were the one who wanted Keane then there is no way he would have sold him yesterday. Rafa signed the likes of Dossena and Deggen who have been far worse than Keane in my opinion but those players are still around at Anfield because they are Rafa’s signings. Selling Keane yesterday just goes to show that Rafa wants to make a statement that he is in charge and it is said that the owners have agreed to Rafa’s demands of him being in total control of transfers at the club.
My concern now is that we are a striker short coming into the business end of the season. If Torres gets injured again then we are stuffed! We can not rely on Babel or Ngog to be our backup strikers! This could have been a great time for Nemeth to step up but he is off on loan. I then hope that Pacheco can get a call up if need be. But I am crossing fingers that Torres remains fit for the season.
Thanks for your contribution Robbie. Good luck with your future.